HGTTG = Chapters 6 – 10
- Chapter 6
- What does the Babel Fish do?
- What was hyperspace like for Arthur?
- What does the Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy have to say about Earth?
- Chapter 7
- How bad is Vogon Poetry?
- What phrase does the Vogon Guard keep repeating to Arthur and Ford?
- Why does the Vogon Guard do his job?
- Chapter 8
- What happened to Arthur and Ford?
- Chapter 9
- What type of impossible things happened in the course of Arthur and Ford arriving on the ship?
- Chapter 10
- What is the Infinite Improbability Drive?
- Of the babel fish, the Hitch Hiker Guide to the Galaxy says “by effectively removing all barriers to communication between different races and cultures, has caused more and bloodier wars than anything else in the history of creation.” Does being heavily connected cause problems for the world? What role does privacy play in a well mannered society?
- Ford said to the Vogon Guard “How can anyone maintain a positive mental attitude if you’re saying things like that” What role does your mental state and attitude play in creating things?
- “The hours are good but most of the actual minutes are lousy” Does it matter what you do for work? What is your motivation for doing things?
- How do people respond to smart people? Why do they react this way? What can be done to change this?