HGTTG = Chapters 16 – 20
- Chapter 16
- What planet is the ship orbiting?
- What did Magratheans manufacture in the past?
- How is the planet defended?
- Chapter 17
- What is the Nutri-Matic
- What is the recorded message telling the the visitors to do?
- What were the controls like to manually control the ship?
- What did Arthur do in response to the pending missile attack?
- Chapter 18
- What type of crazy things happened when the improbability drive was turned on again?
- What happened to the missiles?
- Chapter 19
What escaped from Trillian’s cabin?
What new personality did the ship take on?
- Chapter 20
- How did the passengers of the Heart of Gold gain access to the inside of the planet?
- What type of things are in the ship’s medical bay?
- What happened to Zaphod’s brain?
- What initials were left for Zaphod to see?
- What happened when the shutter closed?
- “The fact may safely be made the subject of suspense since it is of no significance whatsoever” As humans do we sometimes over dramatize things that don’t really matter?
- Does anything like the Nutri-Matic exist today? What would it take to invest a device as elaborate as described in the book?
- In the comical fall of the missile turned, whale it is mentioned that the whale was busy naming things. What type of terms have been invented during the 21st century?
- What role does our subconscious mind play in problem solving? What role do dreams play in the human experience?